Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Museum of Brands

I only learned about the Museum of Brands recently and haven't been there yet but I'm planning to go next time I'm in London and will blog about it when I do. In the meantime, here's some information from their site:

"The Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising presents the collection of consumer historian, Robert Opie, who saw the need to record the history of the products around us.

Starting at the age of sixteen with a packet of Munchies, Robert built up the collection that now extends to all aspects of daily life - toys, magazines, technology, travel, souvenirs, fashion and design. He comments, 'When the thousands of pieces of our social history are assembled into some giant jigsaw, the picture becomes clearer as to the remarkable journey we have all come through'.

The history of consumer culture is revealed though household products and shopping basket favourites in our 'time tunnel', which charts a nostalgic journey from Victorian times to the present day. Discover how well-loved brands evolved through their creative use of packaging and advertising, and how we evolved with them."

Here's a link to the site: Museum of Brands, London.

No comments:

Post a Comment